Pages

Friday, October 12, 2007

bricks & mortar shop

I’ve had so many inquiries if I had a proper ‘bricks & mortar’ shop / storefront and not long ago I have had an opportunity to open a shop fronting the marina. The shop location was frequented by tourists and the lease was quite reasonable for the location. So I did a feasibility test if I will decide to go ahead and lease the shop. After a few weeks, the deciding question went down to who’s going to be in the shop? I currently have a self contained office & combined storage area and most of MY time is spent there. If I did make a commitment to a shop it means halving the time I spend in the office to spend the entire day in the shop. This also meant a commute to the city during rush hour, the experience of which is very similar to a toothache. So the decision was so obvious and crystal clear – doing things in my own time is the main priority. I wasn’t ready to give up my lazy quiet mornings answering emails or the home cooked lunches or the all nighters where you stumble to bed like a zombie. I’m not saying I am never going to go for a shop one day, but for now, I am in a happy place.

No comments: